Protecting what matters
IVS works with treatment providers, facilitating approval of treatments and the timely release of goods through border security. The IVS team are specialists in biosecurity treatment verification and assist treatment providers with supervision services or gaining approval to operate under the MPI-approved treatment supplier programme.
Our services include:
- Systems evaluation
- Onsite audit of systems and recommendation to Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI)
- Treatment supervision for imports and exports
- ISPM 15 timber packaging approval
Treatment Supplier Programme for Importers and Exporters
MPI is responsible for ensuring import and export risk goods are treated to eliminate unwanted pests or diseases. Imported goods may be directed by MPI for biosecurity treatment and export products may need treatment to meet destination country requirements. There are two models of delivery for imported goods biosecurity to be provided by approved operators:
- Supervision Programme - under the Independent Verification Agency (IVA) supervision programme, an experienced IVS treatment specialist supervises each treatment application directly, accepting responsibility for the risks associated with the treatment delivery.
- Approved Treatment Supplier Programme - through direct involvement with IVS, the treatment supplier becomes approved by MPI to operate a compliant system to provide biosecurity treatments. Treatments can include methyl bromide, hydrogen cyanide, formalin, phosphine, washing, dipping, heat treatment, amongst others.